Friday 22 June 2012

Seedorf set to leave AC Milan

Clarence Seedorf has finally confirmed his exit from AC Milan, after 10 years of service to the club.

"I leave [Milan] after 10 fantastic years, I came here at a crucial moment in my career and after thinking long and hard, I'll do the same thing again." the 36 year old Surinam-born Dutchman said at a press conference in Via Turati.

He joined AC Milan in 2002 from city rivals Inter and no sooner he became an important member of the squad, and went on to make 300 Serie A appearances for the side.

Seedorf won two Championship League crowns and two Serie A title in his tenure with the Rossoneri. He has 87 caps for his national team, Holland and has scored 11 times.

He also won the Champions League with Ajax and Real Madrid, adding two Dutch titles and one in Spain as well.

Indicating his future plans he said, "I won't disappear from the face of the earth. This is a goodbye rather than an adieu."

"I think I will play for two more years, but now it is pointless to think about the next steps of my life,"

"I'll have to evaluate my options now and look for a project that stands out. I am very happy with the way I lived my experience at Milan." He added further.

Speaking about his association with the club, he became nostalgic as he said, "I've been here 13 years and had two children born here. There will always be a special bond, especially with the city of Milan."

Later on being questioned about Zlatan Ibrahimovic's intentions of grabbing his number 10 jersey, he said, "I'm happy to give my jersey to Ibra, he has the talent to honour it."

As for the club, he is confident that AC Milan will enjoy more success in the coming years despite relinquishing their Serie A title to Juventus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment