Tuesday 26 June 2012

After Podolski, Arsenal signs Giroud

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed his second deal of the season as French striker Olivier Giroud is all set to join the team.

Giroud, who scored 21 goals to help Montpellier win France's Ligue 1 last season, becomes Arsenal's second summer signing following the arrival of Germany striker Lukas Podolski from FC Cologne.


'We are delighted to have secured the signing of Olivier Giroud." Said Wenger after the deal, which is reported to be of about 13 million Euros.

Further he added, "He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional in the air, with a great work ethic. We are excited about Olivier joining us and he will add an additional dimension to our attacking options next season."


Giroud on the other hand seems quite excited as well as confident with his signing as he said, 'I have the weapons to do well here. I will need some time to adapt of course, but I am not worried about that. I think I will adapt well." 

Further he said, "I am happy with my choice, and I think that he (Wenger) brings a lot to the French players that are in the team."

On being asked about the play in the team, the 25 year old French striker said, "'I am a player who likes to play, who likes to participate in the game. That is why I think the way Arsenal play will suit me. I like scoring goals and Arsenal create a lot of chances, so if I do well, then we will do well."

Giroud joins Arsenal from Montpellier, where he joined in 2010. He as 71 appearances for the team and has scored 33 times.

"I'm very proud to be a Gunner and I will give my best for all the Arsenal fans." Said the striker after the deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment