Wednesday 23 May 2012

Jose Mourinho Extends Contract with Real Madrid

Jose Mourinho has extended his contract that will keep him and his support staff at Real Madrid until 2016. He believes his team has played the best football in the world this year and says they will only get better.

The 49-year-old Portuguese led Madrid to the Copa del Rey crown in his first season in charge and in the campaign just completed and then he guided the club to their first Primera Division title since 2008.


Real Madrid claimed 32nd Primera Division title after a record-breaking 2011-12 season. They became the first Spanish club ever to reach 100 points in a top-flight campaign, finishing nine clear of Barcelona.


Mourinho said "As a manager, I always try to grow and improve. I've loved the professional experience I've had of working for different clubs in different countries and cultures, and to learn from that while giving my best. I've loved that process.


"It's different for me now because I'm thinking about a club long term, and that club is Real Madrid, which has been more demanding and has forced me to do my absolute best due to its difficulties.


"I've had to improve as a coach and a professional. I think it is the perfect challenge for the next four years because you always have to do more when things are hardest.


"I need these great challenges in the maturity of my career; I need things to force me to be better." 

No comments:

Post a Comment